Subject: Re: Hello (and help)
From: Automatic Television <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 1994 22:46:44 +0300

On 1 Sept Acid kindly wrote...[edited]

>>> >>loop:
>>> >>  a$=edit$(1)
>>> >>  If a$<>"q" Then Goto loop
>>> >>
>>>
>>> >Put WBSTARTUP in your program and check it out.
>>>
>>> Tried it first, no joy. I think it`s more system`y than that.
>>>
>>I just fixed a bug in edit$ to do with window based edit$, I'll test it
>>again to make sure

I don`t think it`s that because it does the same crash in progs without edit$
I only used edit$ because I thought it would be fairly likely to be stable :)
I sure it would do the same with...

loop:
        Goto loop

I`ll try it when I can get on the 2000

>>
>>> >        Gadtools has a problem on older machines ie. not KS3.x where you
>>> >need to use ID's of over 50 - try that and see what happens.
>>> >
>>>
>>I posted a uuencoded upgrade to gadtools last week, one report says it is
>>better, I'd like more confirmation (from you guys perhaps?)

Must have been before I was on the list, I`ll check Aminet.

>>
>>> BUM6 came through the post. (I bought Blitz2 from Amiga Format`s special 
offer
>>> several months ago) IntuiTools2 is quite useable now!!
>>> I don`t beleive I`m allowed to upload this as it`s the full working version
>>> but hows about Acid uploads an upgrade kit to AmiNet (and the rest of 
the BUMs
>>> while you`re at it.) with some sort of encryption / key needed to unpack 
it??
>>>
>>
>>I'd say policy from now on is anything in the EXAMPLES drawers of bums is
>>open for public abuse, not sure about the encryption thing, any one else
>>care to comment?

Okeydokey, what about the luveley IntuiTools though?

>>
>>> While I`m here (and may have the attention of someone at Acid)
>>>         Any chance of getting the compiler to run from CED (or similar) (btw
>>>                                 what`s the point of tokenised script files,
>>>                                 they seem to take up almost as much disc 
space
>>>                                 and can`t be read by anything else ?)
>>>         Has anyone got results back from ARexx commands (like 
ADPRO_RESULT??)
>>>                                 apart from writing them to ENV vars and
>>> opening them
>>>                                 as DOS files (Kludge-tastic)
>>>         Oh yes, ASLRequesters within Functions seem to lock up big time (?).
>>>         ...and many, mant more
>>
>>Hmmm, 1, tokenising does speed up compiling, loading and saving, Blitz3
>>will DEFINATELY support other editors. 2. i have never had any problems
>>with ARexx and adpro, what are you trying to do? 

Like trying to get RC (0 or non zero) back from a "OKAY2" command with the 
actual SendArexxConnad and .... Untill ...RexxEvent....=RexxMessage stuff 
inside a Function? (I like Functions!)

>>As for ASLRequesters in
>>functions I';ll look into it,
>>
>>WARNING TO LIBRARY WRITERS, PLEASE RETURN A4 AS YOU FOUND IT, OTHERWISE
>>YOUR COMMANDS WILL NOT WORK INSIDE FUNCTIONS/PROCEDURES!

Hmmm

      *******************************************************************
      *             A U T O M A T I C   T E L E V I S I O N             *
      *                      Computer/TV Solutions                      *
      *                    VOICE (UK): 071 240 2073                     *
      *******************************************************************